Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories; everything from Ayurveda, gluten-free, and Paleo, to raw, vegan, and macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied with the world's top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD World Leader in Mind-Body Medicine, Director of Education at The Chopra Center, Bestselling Author
- David Katz, MD, MPH, Authority on Preventive Medicine and Weight Management, Director of the Yale Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, Chair of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard’s School of Public Health and Bestselling Author
- Andrew Weil, MD, Bestselling Author and Expert on Integrative Medicine and Mind-Body Interactions
- Gabrielle Bernstein, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach, Bestselling Author
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, Functional Medicine Doctor, Founder of Blum Center for Health
- Mark Hyman, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The UltraWellness Center, Bestselling Author
- Geneen Roth, Pioneer of Emotional Eating and Empowerment, Bestselling Author
- David Wolfe, recognized Expert and Bestselling Author on Superfoods and Raw Nutrition
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Mark Bittman, New York Times Columnist, Bestselling Author
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with clients like you to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
Each session will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. We will talk about things beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as love and relationship as well as career and money. I will personally and carefully guide you to make simple, small changes that transform your life.
Master of Science in Occupational Therapy:
I became an Occupational Therapist (OTR/L) in 2010. What does an occupational therapist do? Well, that's a theme on a different website. In theory, an OT helps people "participate in the things they want and need to do" (AOTA.org) using a holistic, person-centered model. I became an OT because I wanted to help people reach their goals by educating, supporting, and DOING. Like a health coach, OTs integrate small, sustainable changes into a person's daily routine and inspire through education, support, and encouragement. I have worked extensively with the following populations: brain injury, stroke, cardiac, orthopedic surgeries, and mental illness.
What strikes me most about working in this field is the relationship I see between poor nutritional habits and disease. There is a remarkable lack of integration of nutrition in health care management. The prevalance of processed foods in rehab centers and hospitals leaves me speechless every time. Working in this field for so many years has absolutely reinforced my belief in the association between the standard American diet and the rise of obesity, diabetes, and cancer (among others). (Ok, I am now stepping away from the soapbox).
Bachelor of Arts in Human Development/ENGLISH:
I received my degree in Human Development from Boston College in 2001. This degree, of which I loved every minute, gave me a working knowledge of human psychology. I also majored in English, which has little to do with health coaching, but reflects a big part of who I am.
I am certified by ACE in Therapeutic Exercise and have completed an 8-week program in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR).
I am also a certified 21-Day Sugar Detox coach (see 21DSD page).